Leading Scientific Research on Undue Influence, its Effects and the Law
Steven Hassan, PhD, Primary Investigator
Our purpose is to conduct and publish research on undue influence in order to develop the scientific knowledge needed to update legal and social policies to reflect the current understanding of bioethics and to help diverse individuals and groups affected by undue influence. We develop curricula and provide trainings to assist individuals, organizations and governments in combating undue influence. We use the latest knowledge in social psychology, neuroscience, human development and related issues of identity to increase the understanding of healthy and ethical influence as well as unethical influence.
Freedom From Undue Influence is a division of Dare Association, Inc.
Freedom From Undue Influence is dedicated to human rights and empowering people to think for themselves and make independent decisions. We study undue influence in all its myriad forms: from the individual predator, who is skilled in the use of covert hypnosis, to misuse of authority and boundaries for exploitative purposes. This includes destructive cults of all types: religious, political, “therapy,” Large Group Awareness Trainings, Commercial cults including pimps and traffickers, multi-level marketing groups, terrorist cults like Daesh, Boko Haram, violent Neo-Nazi and White power groups as well as authoritarian governments.
Hassan, S., Shah, M.J. The anatomy of undue influence used by terrorist cults and traffickers to induce helplessness and trauma, so creating false identities. Ethics, Medicine and Public Health (2019) 8, 97-107 Elsevier Masson SAS. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemep.2019.03.002
Please support Freedom From Undue Influence’s groundbreaking scholarship and research to document qualitatively and quantitatively the negative effects of undue influence.
Freedom of Mind Blog
- Breaking the Chains: The Role of Mind Control in Human Trafficking with Rebecca Bender
- Kochland: The Secret History of Koch Industries and Corporate Power in America with Christopher Leonard
- The Case for Debunking Medical Cannabis Myths with Peter Grinspoon, M.D.
- How to Be Spiritual in These Crazy Times: A Guide with Philip Goldberg
- Troubled Teen Industry Abuse with Former Victim Melanie Friedman, LCSW
- The Assemblies of God; Secrets of a High-Demand Church with Paul Jensen
- The Double-Edged Sword of Free Speech: Koch, FIRE, and Campus Disinformation
- From MAGA Activist to National Healer with Rich Logis
- Large Group Awareness Trainings (LGATs) Weaponize Dopamine to Manipulate People with John Hunter, PhD
- Utilizing Creative Therapies for Healing and Empowerment with Esther Friedman
- The Borg Collective: Applying The BITE Model© of Authoritarian Control and Influence Continuum
- Wisdom from the Psychedelic Underground with Rachel Harris, PhD
- Redemption and the Prison System with Ramadan Shabazz and Richard Parker, MD
- Finding Her Way Out of Scientology’s Infamous Sea Org with Katherine Spallino
- Surviving our Catastrophes: Celebrating the Resilience and Renewal of Survivors with Robert Jay Lifton, M.D.